The journey aboard The Golden Chariot train ensures you with the experience of exotic wildlife, striking architecture, pristine beach and much more in just 7 nights and 8 days. Pride of the South is a well planned journey on-board the heritage train, which offers you the best of luxury services and impeccable hospitality. The train covers most of Karnataka, opening your horizon to what the Southern culture, landscape and history has to offer.
Duration: 8 days and 7 nights
Destination Covered: Bangalore – Kabini – Srirangapatnam – Mysore -Shravanabelagola – Belur – Halebid – Hampi – Badami – Pattadakal – Goa – Bangalore
Day 6: Badami (Saturday)
In the morning of the 6th day, you arrive to encounter further more architectural sights in the capital city of the ancient Chalukya Empire. Badami is home to a number of structural temples, forts, sculptures and inscriptions. It is placed at the mouth of a ravine embraced by two rocky hills where rock cut caves and the red sandstone cliffs are found in abundance. On having to climb a flight of stairs there are two pairs of ancient rock-cut caves, each filled with carved pillars and bracket figures. The trip will offer you a chance to visit Pattadakal and Badami cave temples, here 18 armed Nataraja, striking 81 dance poses is considered to be the example of the Dravidian and Nagara architecture in ancient India.
A traveler, having an interest in architecture and sculptures can get much knowledge about the sense of figures and design which the ancient Indians adapted. Day 6 in brief goes like this:
- The train arrives at Badami at 0830 hrs.
- Leave for sightseeing to Pattadakal and Badami cave temples, they are world heritage sites.
- Return at around 1320 hrs to The Golden Chariot.
- Lunch will be served on board followed by departure for Goa, On board you can facilitate yourself with the service offered like Spa,gym, movies etc.
- Dinner will be served at 2000 hrs, reach Goa at midnight.