The luxury train Karnataka’s Golden Chariot is ready to run on track once again. The train is operated by the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) and was tentatively suspended due to insufficient passengers. The work of renovating the train interiors was also suspended due to Covid-19. But the luxury train is now ready to take passengers for a royal journey again in the upcoming month of January.
According to KSTDC, the Golden Chariot is equipped with padded furniture, renovated rooms and bathrooms, new linen, and cutlery. This luxury train also has a smart TV with a Wi-Fi facility. Apart from this, security features like CCTV and fire protection have also been upgraded on the train. The food menu of the train has also been prepared in a new way. All safety standards will be followed in the wake of corona infection.
Safety standards introduced by IRCTC
In accordance with the COVID-19 rules, IRCTC has set certain safety standards for the health safety of passengers and staff members during travel –
1. Tour managers, drivers, guides, and other personnel deployed by IRCTC will undergo regular thermal screening and medical examination.
2. Staff members will be equipped with hygiene kits, masks, gloves, and sanitizers.
3. Train coaches and passenger baggage will be disinfected at regular intervals during the journey.
4. The pantry will be checked by the IRCTC staff for the level of cleanliness.
5. Information about protocols while visiting heritage sites and monuments, including guidelines and forms will be supplied to the passengers in advance.
6. Wearing a face mask and carrying a sanitizer will be mandatory.
Golden Chariot luxury train tour packages
The tour starts from January 2021 and will run till March 2021. The train will be operating to and from Bengaluru. Tickets can be booked through the luxury train’s official website.
Golden Chariot Itinerary Includes:
Pride of Karnataka – 6 Nights / 7 Days itinerary that destinations covered Bandipur National Park, Chikamangalur, Mysore, Halebid, Badami, Hampi and Goa.
Jewels of South – 6 Nights / 7 Days itinerary that destinations covered Mysore, Thanjavur, Chettinad, Hampi, Mahabalipuram, Kumarakom and Cochin.
Glimpses of Karnataka – 3 Nights / 4 Days itinerary that destinations covered Bandipur, Hampi and Mysore.
The package cost comprises onboard meals, spirits, complimentary house wines, entrance fees for monuments and heritage sites, air-conditioned bus tours with tour guides, and meals during tours.